Our 2018 Christmas Carol Service will be on Sunday, December 16, at 11am
As a small church, we regret we no longer have a full-time vicar. The majority of services are led by our Churchwardens and Church Elders, with clergy from the diocese of Europe who visit to celebrate the Holy Communion, usually once a month.
You can find details and dates fixed so far for 2018 below: *
Note for first-time visitors:
We meet in the Saint Joseph’s church facing the market hall in Biarritz……we use the chapel at the back end of the church behind the Altar. You can enter both by the main church or use the churchyard entrance if you have parked your car there.
All our Sunday morning services start at 11am and last about 45 minutes. A car-park is available during the service in the church yard, which is accessed through the double white gates on the right 50 yards higher up the street from the main church entrance. The street is one-way so if you miss the white gates you will have to drive around the market hall again.
Our services in 2018 are planned as follows:
- February 11 Rev. Sandy BORTHWICK (Holy Communion)
- March 11 Bruce Dennis (Morning Service)
- March 18 Rev. Dr. John Strain (Holy Communion)
- March 25 Bruce Dennis (Morning Service)
- April 1 William Mayhew (Easter Service)
- April 29 Rev. Chris Beales (Holy Communion)
- June 24 Rev. Richard Lloyd Morgan (Holy Communion)
- July 8 William Mayhew (Morning Service)
- July 15 Bruce Dennis (Morning Service)
- July 22 Rev. Tony Lomas (Holy Communion)
- July 29 William Mayhew (Morning Service)
- August 5 Bruce Dennis (Morning Service)
- August 12 William Mayhew (Morning Service)
- August 19 Bruce Dennis (Morning Service)
- September 16 Rev. Stuart Munns (Holy Communion)
- October 21 Rev. Christopher Scargill (Holy Communion)
- November 25 William Mayhew (Morning Service)
We have the MORNING SERVICE every Sunday which starts promptly at 11.00 am.
On December 17th 2017 we had our annual English Christmas Carol Service led by a visiting priest, Rev’d Sandy Borthwick.
This was followed by a meal for everybody accompanied by traditional English mince-pies and mulled wine!
This year’s 2017 Christmas Carol Service was a great success, with a FULL church we estimate over 200 people showed up to join in the singing! Congratulations to everyone who helped to make it so enjoyable, especially our Sri-lankan cooks and singers! With their family they also did a superb job with organisng our Christmas Tree decorations.
All are welcome, especially if you are on holiday in Biarritz!
You are all invited to join us for coffee and tea after the service!